Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
The source of the mission is the nature and eternal purpose of the triune God: the Father who sent His Son to be the Saviour of the world (1 John 4:14);
- the Son whose dedication to mission is our model,
- whose finished work of salvation is our message
- whose Great Commission is our mandate (John 4:34;1 Cor 15:1 7; Matt 28:18 20);
- and the Holy Spirit who sets apart and sends out messengers of the Gospel (Gal 4:6; Acts 1:8; 13:2,4).
The scope of the mission is both global and local:
- the Christian Church must proclaim the Gospel throughout the whole world (Mk 16:15; Lk 24:46,47)
- local churches have the two fold responsibility of witnessing to Christ in their neighbourhoods and nation and beyond (Matt. 24:14; Acts 1:8; 1 Thess 1:7,8).
The goal of all mission is the glorification of God, through loving obedience to Christ’s Great Commission:
- the proclamation of the Gospel evangelisation (Mk 16:15)
- the baptism and instruction of disciples (Matt 28:19, 20)
- the consolidation of believers in the body of Christ fellowship and growth. (Col 1:28; Eph4:11 16). See also John 15:8.
The message of this mission is the Gospel of Christ and “the whole counsel of God” found in the God inspired Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (Acts 20:27, 32; 2 Tim 3:16,17; John 16:13, 14).
- It is centred in God’s final Word to mankind, Jesus Christ, through whose atoning death and triumphant resurrection God was reconciling the word to Himself.
- This Word offers salvation to all people through personal repentance and faith in Christ who shall come again for His people, and to judge the world (Heb.1:1 3; 2 Cor 5:14 19; Acts 17:30,31).
The ambassadors on this mission are:
- generally, all members of the Church, the body of Christ, the people of God who have been called to proclaim Christ through their love for one another, unity in the Spirit, purity of life and boldness of testimony (John 13:34,35; 17:15 23; Phil. 2:14 16)
- specially, individuals or groups who are called & endowed with special gifts, and sent out to accomplish missionary tasks to plant, build up and assist local churches. (e.g. Paul, Timothy, Titus). Individuals who have devoted themselves and their time fully to missionary work or “full time” work deserve the prayerful, practical support of their fellow believers in their local church.
To explore how you can be part of missions in BBTC, you can contact the following:
North Sulawesi – Ps Daniel Koh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thailand – Ps Jason Teo (email@example.com)
Philippines – Ps Jeffrey Aw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast India / West Kalimantan – Ps Paul Chua (email@example.com)
South India – Ps Jerry Chia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
East Asia – Ps Eunice Low (email@example.com)
Mongolia – Ps Lee Teck Hong (firstname.lastname@example.org)