What makes a great church? A great church has core values embraced by her members resulting in life-change.
SP Daniel Foo
1. Decide to worship God (2 Samuel 6:16).
2. You can come to the House of the Lord and yet miss the Lord of the House.
3. Intentionally worship God, with a posture of openness and surrender.
4. Be a True Worshipper (John 4:23-24) – where our spirit connects with the Holy Spirit, and we are guided by the truth of God’s Word.
1. We move from the head to the heart / spirit, i.e. from knowledge to revelation [1 Corinthians 2:9-16] – Truth is caught more than taught.
2. Actively apply the truths we have caught. Truth itself will not set us free, it is the knowledge and application of the truth that sets us free [John 8:31-32, 36].
3. Scriptures are only of value to us to the degree we believe and act upon them.
4. In our journey of discipleship, the disciple focuses on:
a. Who am I becoming? [Romans 8:29]
b. Am I fulfilling God’s purpose and destiny for me? [Hebrews 12:1] and [Ephesians 2:10]
1. We posture our hearts and ears to receive [Proverbs 4:20-23].
2. We always pray before, during and after.
3. We hold loosely everything, holding tightly always to His Word and our relationship with the Holy Spirit.
4. We go with the flow through the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
1. We journey together in BBTC and there is no lone ranger Christian. When we are together, this is where iron sharpens iron [Proverbs 27:17].
2. Our discipleship journey is as important as the destination and we adopt an attitude of learning.
3. Every BBTCian should be part of a cell group (CG) where there is:
a. Accountability and Covering (A&C) [Hebrews 13:17]
b. Prayer and Communication (P&C) [Ephesians 6:18]
4. No condemnation, comparison nor competition but encouragement always.
5. No offences [1 Corinthians 13:4-8a] – Love covers over a multitude of sins.
6. The Christian life should be calm, cool, collected, composed, Christ-Centered [Galatians 5:22-23].
7. People are more important than programs. Therefore, we bond first before serving together to build.
1. A leader is any believer who is in a position to influence others towards the outworking of kingdom values.
2. We enlarge the leadership base [More ACGLs, CGLs, CSs, COs] through maximum participation.
3. Leaders need to be diligent to know the state of our flock [Proverbs 27:23].
4. We strive for unity in the Spirit, not uniformity [Ephesians 4:3, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6].
5. The work of God should not be blocked by a person or structure in the group.
1. We encourage maximum participation with every BBTCian serving in the areas of their calling, gifting and portion.
2. We are blessed to be a blessing. The pipe that carries the water will itself always be wet [Proverbs 11:25].
3. Keep the main thing, the main thing. We do not get stuck on methodologies but focus on the principles.
4. We always serve from the overflow of our walk with God, giving of what we have and we put no confidence in the flesh
5. BBTC is larger than any CG / Cluster or ministry. Similarly, the Kingdom of God is larger than the local church.
1. We serve with skilful hands and integrity of hearts [Psalm 78:72].
2. We give intentionally, through the laws of sowing and reaping (2 Corinthians 9:6-15). Seed is for sowing and bread is for our needs. We deliberately sow our “seed”, combining it with prayer for the harvest/grace that we need.
3. Faithful in little, faithful in much. We can only serve as much as our capacity. Therefore, we seek to grow our capacity.
4. We strive to build depth and extend breadth.
5. We grow to be more effective priests and kings.