Building upon last weekend’s sermon, SP teaches us what it means to be a vibrant end-time church.
There are two perspectives that this sermon series is built upon:
- The 7 churches described in Revelation 2 and 3 are reflected in the church worldwide at any one point in time
- These 7 churches span in time from the early church to the coming Rapture
The Laodicean church reflects the end-time church of today. There is a remnant who is on fire for God, but the vast majority is not. Laodicea means “people ruling” or “justice of the people”, which means that the people rule the church and Christ has no part in it.
There are 3 repeated exhortations to all the 7 churches.
- … to the churches – referring to many congregations and assemblies, but all receiving the same message
- … hear what the Spirit is saying – to be Word-based and Spirit-filled so that you can hear the message which the Spirit is saying
- To him who overcomes – referring to every single believer in the local church, to be an overcomer believer (Luke 18:8, Jude 1:3, 2 Timothy 4:7)